Wednesday 7 October 2015

First Milestone of the Winter Project!

For this terms' game project my team and I got to do a game about "Aztec" and "sports".
As usual, I first went and searched a bit on the subject. As I am the environment artist, I concentrated more on architectural element and Aztec temples.
As we decided that we will make an isometric game, and we would like to try and make it for tablets, I went and looked on how other artists managed to do low poly props for the environment, with a very low poly count, and still make them look good. I also looked at some characters just to help my Character Artists, and also at how Dota 2 manages the scale of the environment.
After doing all that, I started sketching out some ideas. Basically all of the team had to do this part. After we decided with what we want to go for, we gave all the sketches to our Concept Artist, so she can work with them.
I also went in Maya and did two Grey Boxes so that we will have a better understanding of how the map will look in the end, and to set a bit of scale to everything. 

We also had to make another blog only for this project. Here is the link if someone is interested:
http://highfivethesky13.blogspot.co.uk/








No comments:

Post a Comment