Friday 14 November 2014

INSECTOID-Character design- Week 6-7- Session 5-Week of 3rd November

          This week's assignment was to create an original design concept for an insectoid  character, in the game genre and style that we want. The only constraints were that our concept should be researched and recognisably insect based.




MoodBoard.

Sketches from my Sketchbook.


After having an overview on my sketches I decided to go with the 3rd one for my concept.
First I have done a front and left blueprint style view of the character, to get the proportion right.

Then I have done it in black and white to suggest what kind of material is he made from, and to have a better look where some things end, and some start.
         Before doing the final design in a three-quarter view, I started to do some poses, modifying just a bit in each one. In the end I decided to go with the 1st pose as my final design.
                                                               Final design.



No comments:

Post a Comment