Wednesday 20 April 2016

Winter Submission.

Hey everyone,

I have finally found out the mark for my winter submission, I got a B for my Jack in a Box and I am doing some improvement on it at the moment so I can resubmit it next Wednesday. Hopefully I can do everything I intended in just a week.
Some of the things that the tutor pointed out that pulled my mark down were: 

1. The face of the Jack (the design that I choose did not match the overall object and it was too simplistic). 
After talking with the tutor, I went and started doing some quick paint overs in Photoshop so I can get an interesting design before doing anything to it.
After a couple of tries I ended up with 5 designs which look better than the original. I decided to go for the 5th on because I consider that one to be the scariest and the most interesting one. 



2. I had to many materials. I had 3 and I should have had 2. I understood perfectly what my tutor pointed out but I decided at the beginning of the project with the another tutor that guides us through the whole project that I should go for 3 materials just to get more details on the box and everything around it.

Anyway, before starting doing anything I went and searched for some good UV Map layout, just so I can have some reference. I found this one which shows a really clean and well distributed UV Map.


So I went and re-did the UV Maps, creating just one UV map. I need to tell that the new one looks more professional than the old one.
Now is time to do the materials.





No comments:

Post a Comment