Monday 23 November 2015

Almost there.

Just want to share the stage I am at the moment with the winter triple A game asset.
 As you can see in the images below, I have done all the UV unwrap for my model and started to create the texture maps.
I first used Quixel Suite 1.0 to create the textures and then I closed Quixel and started working on them individually, applying the design of the box and the extra blood.
I choose to close Quixel because it was slowing me down. I had to wait a lot of time for it to do his things and it was quite annoying, especially when you are in a creative mood and you have to wait for a program, even if it is 10 seconds.
 Due to the fact that I could see only the front of the box, and a bit of the top in my reference, I had the chance to express myself on the sides and the back of the box, not just copying what I can see from an image.


I wanted to suggest that the box was used as a murder weapon. Someone using it to smash someone else's skull.
I am quite happy with how the box ended up looking.
I do not know if it is too obvious, but I strategically placed the stars and the blood to guide the viewer's eyes to the frond of the box.
Just wanted to point that out. :)

As you can see I did 3 separate UV Maps. I made this decision after I spoke with my tutor. We decided to go for 3 maps so I can have more details on them. I know I might be able to include the box in only 1 map, so I hope this won't be a problem.

I am planning to finish it in this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment